BUG Report: Amarok 2.3.1 Queues and Pattern Matching

Richard E. Perlotto II perlotto at gmail.com
Tue Aug 3 00:32:41 UTC 2010

Afternoon,

I recently upgraded from Amarok 2.2.0 to 2.3.1 (2010-06-10 build).  How queues function
related to the pattern matching has changed between these versions.  In the previous
version you were able to do a pattern match on a play list and add those songs to the
queue.  You could then do a second pattern match and add those songs to the queue as
well.  This could be continued until you had a queued play list to enjoy.

The current version has altered this behavior.  When you do a pattern match and add
songs to the queue, and then repeat that process, it removes previous songs in the
queue if they are not a part of the new pattern match.  This means the only way to add
songs from different areas from a large play list is to manually scroll through all
the songs to add them to the queue.

Obviously I believe that the way the queues and pattern matching behavior in 2.2.0
is how I would expect and enjoyed it working.  Can this be corrected?

Thanks.

Richard

P.S.

I am not interested in Dynamic Play lists, or creating several sets of play lists.
I like having the majority of my collection in a single play list that I normally
just play random tracks , and occasionally I would enjoy a specific set of songs
to be played which are not always the same since it will depend on my mood what I
am interested in hearing at that moment.