Pause button doesn't work

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 2 18:51:38 UTC 2010

Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:32 PM, AG <computing.account at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi List
>>
>> Amarok 2.3.0 (KDE 4.3.4) on Deb testing ("squeeze"):
>>
>> the "pause" button doesn't pause playback.  It restarts the track.  Have
>> to use "stop" instead.
>>
>> Is this a local problem or a release bug?
>>

> Very likely a problem with your Phonon backend. Some distros use
> Phonon-GStreamer by default, and this one is quite buggy.
>
> We currently recommend using Phonon-xine, which is less buggy.
> Ultimately there will be Phonon-VLC, which is currently in
> development, but for now xine works best.

Hmm ... tried changing the backend to xine and all I got was the player
skipping all tracks in turn, playing nothing.  Not a viable solution in
my case.

Have reverted to GStreamer.  I guess that until upstream is fixed, I
will be stopping rather than pausing.

The other thing I have noticed is that adding new songs to the current
playlist automatically shuffles to the first track of the new playlist
... even mid-song.  This really is a PITA.

Are developers aware of this issue, do you know?

AG