Pause button doesn't work

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Fri Apr 2 15:55:01 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:32 PM, AG <computing.account at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi List
>
> Amarok 2.3.0 (KDE 4.3.4) on Deb testing ("squeeze"):
>
> the "pause" button doesn't pause playback.  It restarts the track.  Have
> to use "stop" instead.
>
> Is this a local problem or a release bug?

Very likely a problem with your Phonon backend. Some distros use
Phonon-GStreamer by default, and this one is quite buggy.

We currently recommend using Phonon-xine, which is less buggy.
Ultimately there will be Phonon-VLC, which is currently in
development, but for now xine works best.

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer