Pause button doesn't work

Myriam Schweingruber myriam at kde.org
Fri Apr 2 19:23:50 UTC 2010

Hi AG,

On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 19:51, AG <computing.account at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Mark Kretschmann wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Apr 2, 2010 at 5:32 PM, AG <computing.account at googlemail.com> wrote:

>> Very likely a problem with your Phonon backend. Some distros use
>> Phonon-GStreamer by default, and this one is quite buggy.
>>
>> We currently recommend using Phonon-xine, which is less buggy.
>> Ultimately there will be Phonon-VLC, which is currently in
>> development, but for now xine works best.
>
> Hmm ... tried changing the backend to xine and all I got was the player
> skipping all tracks in turn, playing nothing.  Not a viable solution in my
> case.

Well, this is due to you not having the codecs installed for the xine
backend. In the case of Debian, you need to isntall the package called
libxine1-ffmpeg.

> The other thing I have noticed is that adding new songs to the current
> playlist automatically shuffles to the first track of the new playlist ...
> even mid-song.  This really is a PITA.
>
> Are developers aware of this issue, do you know?

I can't reproduce this here with the developer version, so I guess it
is already fixed for the upcoming Amarok 2.3.1

Regards, Myriam.
http://www.fsfe.org