questions about CD audio changing track

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 06:52:56 UTC 2009

Hi Luc

The reason for calling slotAboutToFinish() is that Phonon does not
automatically stop after playing one track on a CD, so if your CD
tracks in the playlist are not in the same order they are on the CD,
or are mixed up with non CD tracks, it will cause issues.

You are right that playing consecutive tracks off a CD should be
handled more gracefully, as there is currently also a "gap" in
playback when advancing to the next track that really does not need to
be there. The thing is that getting the engine controller to know
whether the next track is the consecutive track on a CD is slightly
tricky and something I did not have time to implement for 2.2.0. It is
on my todo list though.

- Nikolaj