questions about CD audio changing track

Luc Menut lmenut at mandriva.org
Mon Sep 28 07:24:41 UTC 2009

Hi Nikolaj,

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen a écrit :
> Hi Luc
>
> The reason for calling slotAboutToFinish() is that Phonon does not
> automatically stop after playing one track on a CD,

It doesn't stop after playing each track because phonon uses autoplay by
default.

I think you should try to disable autoplay - setAutoplayTitles(false).
Without autoplay, the mediaobject should emit signals aboutToFinish and
finished at the end of each track and paused.

http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/phonon-mediacontroller.html#details
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/phonon-mediacontroller.html#autoplayTitles
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/phonon-mediacontroller.html#setAutoplayTitles

> so if your CD
> tracks in the playlist are not in the same order they are on the CD,
> or are mixed up with non CD tracks, it will cause issues.
>
> You are right that playing consecutive tracks off a CD should be
> handled more gracefully, as there is currently also a "gap" in
> playback when advancing to the next track that really does not need to
> be there. The thing is that getting the engine controller to know
> whether the next track is the consecutive track on a CD is slightly
> tricky and something I did not have time to implement for 2.2.0. It is
> on my todo list though.
>
> - Nikolaj

Thanks for your reply

regards,