Question about capturing webcast radio stations

steven robinson cathbard at gmail.com
Mon May 25 06:10:59 UTC 2009

There is a plugin for amarok 1 to rip streams. I haven't tried it but I am
told it works well.
This sounds like a good project for somebody to write a plasma applet for
amarok 2.

PS: assuming that people are trying to illegally rip copyrighted content is
an outrageous assertion and unworthy of this list. There is plenty of
copylefted music out there. I never thought I'd hear "sharing music is
always illegal" here - do you think that only programmers release their work
under free licenses? I am shocked by the attitudes I am reading from some
people here. Is this a FOSS list or an RIAA one?
Also, talking about trying to interface amarok to a stream ripper is hardly
off topic in an amarok list.