Not playing songs with spaces in file names?

Martin T. Sandsmark sandsmark at samfundet.no
Thu May 14 23:10:07 UTC 2009

On Friday 15. May 2009 00:35:38 Colin Guthrie wrote:
> I hope so, but I just can't see why libraries that are (very) good for
> output (xine and vlc) are being considered as a solution for a system
> that is meant to be for both input and output which is what Phonon aims
> to be.

VLC supports v4l and v4l2. Another possiblity is to manually implement v4l(2)
support in the backend, which is unsexy, but also works.

> Gstreamer just fits so perfectly into the goals of Phonon that I can't
> really see why people don't want to use it!

Well, not that I've worked much with gstreamer, but it is a bit buggy, and I
disagree with some of the design decisions they've taken.

But it is probably what is going to win out, considering that it is the
default in Qt's Phonon.

> But as I'm not able to work on it myself I can't afford to wax too
> lyrical on this topic as I'm not fully aware of all the problems involved
> :)

Who is? :-P

--
martin t. sandsmark