Not playing songs with spaces in file names?

Ben K mrmrpotatohead at gmail.com
Wed May 13 23:36:44 UTC 2009

I assume you're using Gnome, based on the fact that you can't find KDE sound
engine settings.

Ironically enough the easiest way to do what you describe is outside of
Amarok. Nautilus will preview a song if you hover over it for a few seconds.
If you configure your Gnome file associations such that mp3
(ogg/flac/whatever) files have a default action of append to playlist in
Amarok, you can then double click the files you like the sound of and add
them in Amarok.

Anyone got any ideas for a way to do similar in Amarok itself? I personally
think this is rare use case / weird way to build a playlist but everyone's
different I guess. No offense is intended, Bill. I know most of what I want
to listen to already as I'm familiar with a lot of my library.