Not playing songs with spaces in file names?

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Wed May 13 23:02:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 04:56:27PM -0500, Jud Craft wrote:
> To the original poster, Bill:  I'd try the phonon-xine engine like
> they said, possibly try moving your music to a standard linux
> partition (as opposed to a flash drive or a windows partition), and
> _not_ uninstalling things willy-nilly just yet.

All the music is on ext3.  I can't seem to get to any settings to
change the engine -- and when I start Amarok I do get a pop-up warning
saying HDA Intel doesn't work and it's changing to "default".

I just wrote a script that renamed any path that included an
underscore.  Amarok plays the music fine now.  (Maybe Amarok could
have done that, but I prefer to use Perl for things like that.)

Now I need to make some play lists.  Any good tricks for previewing
songs quickly and then appending to the list?  I probably need to
listen to a few seconds of most songs before I know if I want to add.

--
Bill Moseley.
moseley at hank.org
Sent from my iMutt