Album Year vs. Track Year

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 16:23:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Stuart Neill
<stuart.neill at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Thus far, I have refrained from any Amarok 2 knocking to allow it to settle in
> and give the developers a chance to show a reasonably complete product. Today
> however I read something in a GSOC thread that leads me to believe that Amarok
> 2 may never replace Amarok 1 in my affections.
>
> "The year tag is stored in the album table and not in the track table"
>
> One of the joys of Amarok was that I could select on the year, shuffle (both the
> tracks and myself :-) ) and party like it was ... um 1939, 1949 ...2009. This
> will not now be possible.

The schema is more or less the same as Amarok 1.4, we did just a bit
of normalizing.  I don't know where you read that (heard of replying
to email?) but we still have a Year table and there's no assumption
that albums have the same year for the very obvious reason you list.

Ian