[Bug fixes] MP4 tags

Erik Hovland erik at hovland.org
Tue Mar 17 19:17:24 UTC 2009

>> This patch fixes 2 problems with mp4 files tags :
>> 1) Amarok crashed when you tried to open a mp4 file that had an empty
>> "composer" or "disk" tag
>> 2) The collection scanner crashed while analysing the same kind of files
>>
>> Here's the diff so you can review it.
>
> Thanks, I've committed the patch, after cleaning it up a bit. There
> were two small issues with it:
>
> 1) "QString foo = QString("");" is equivalent with just "QString
> foo;", and the latter is preferred.

Just to offer a bit of incentive, the latter has proven to be faster.
So this idiom is checked by krazy [1]. Amarok would prefer not to
collect EBN [2] dings [3] by introducing errors w/ this patch.

1. http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tutorials/Code_Checking
2. http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/
3. http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/extragear/multimedia/amarok/index.html
--