summer of code: Code regression test suite, implemented with QtScript

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 17:01:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 11:56 AM, Walter Little <walterplittle at gmail.com> wrote:
> Another idea - to be considered in addition to, not instead of, the unit
> test project - is to develop a suite of automated GUI tests using
> froglogic's Squish for KDE product. We hired an intern last summer at my
> work to do a similar project with our proprietary Java app, was a good sized
> project for a summer. froglogic provides a free version of Squish for
> open-source KDE apps, more info can be found
> here: http://www.froglogic.com/pg?id=Products&category=squish&sub=editions&subsub=kde#licensing
> -wpl

Is that coding? Google Summer of Code projects have to be primarily
coding, for some reason. ;)

But yea this would be really useful. We're in contact with the
froglogic people about getting a Squish setup for KDE4 I believe.
(Don't really understand how it would be any different then a Squish
setup for Qt4 but whatever).

Ian