[Feedback] What did you do with Amarok?

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue Jul 28 18:53:42 UTC 2009

Eric Altendorf wrote:
> I would say I'd be more patient in the future, but actually what I've
> learned from this experience is that it is more productive to engage
> folks directly on the maillist than file bugs anonymously :)

Maybe-sortof.

It's not a bad idea to send mail to the mailing list asking if people
know of this problem, and waiting a day or two to see if anyone bites.
This would significantly help reduce the number of duplicate reports, as
developers are likely to be aware of whether a particular problem should
be solved.

However, if it's a new problem, you're likely to be told to file a bug
report. At that time, however, you could ask who it should be assigned
to...this will make it much more likely to get the right dev's
attention, and reduce the triaging workload to boot.

--Jeff