Collection Scanner Missing Files

Edgar Kalkowski eMail at edgar-kalkowski.de
Thu Jul 16 01:36:07 UTC 2009

Hello!

I had similar issues with “Update Collection” and “Rescan Collection” though I was never able to really able to reproduce them and thus never reported them.

In my case I for example added a new album to my collection and then recognized that there was a typo in the ID3 tag. I then fixed the tag with an external tag editor (easytag) and updated my collection but it did not reflect my changes. Even after rescanning the collection it did not show up the corrected tags for the new album but instead listed all albums which were in the category “Various Artists” before split up under the many names of the various artists that recorded the tracks on the album. Another update or rescan of the collection did not fix these issues.

I’m on Amarok 2.1 now and hope that these things might get fixed in 2.2! :)

Best,

Edgar