Collection Scanner Missing Files

Tycho Andersen tycho at tycho.ws
Thu Jul 16 01:23:47 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm using Amarok 2.1 w/ KDE 4.2.95 (KDE 4.3 RC1) on Ubuntu Jaunty.
Periodically, I buy a new CD and rip it to my hard drive. After
ripping the tracks, I import them using Amarok's file browser. In some
cases, Amarok will only show a small fraction of the tracks that I
just imported (even though they're actually in the filesystem, and MPD
indexes them correctly).

If I try to pick them up by doing Tools -> Update Collection,
sometimes it will work. However, there are some tracks which are
seemingly invisible to Amarok. If I go to Settings -> Configure Amarok
-> Collection -> Rescan Collection, this will pick up some of the
missing files, but may miss others (which were in the collection
before).

Is there any place where Amarok records collection scanner errors that
I could poke around and look to (this may be a distro question, I'm
not sure)? I've experimented with ~/.kde/share/apps/amarok, but I've
not been able to find much info there.

Has anyone else experienced the collection scanner missing files?

Any insight is much appreciated!

Tycho