Feature request (or maybe I'm missing something)

Eelko Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Thu Jan 8 11:08:06 UTC 2009

On Thu, 8 Jan 2009 11:59:14 +0100, "Mark Kretschmann" <kretschmann at kde.org>
wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 3:41 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
>> I am an instructor and I put together sound tracks for my classes.
>>
>> A lot of the time I need a track of a specific length to fit with a
>> drill we're doing.  I use amarok to compose the playlist and it works
>> great - except for one small detail.
>>
>> I'd like to be able to mouse over a song in the collection and get the
>> tag data - length, genre, whatever.
>>
>> Can this be done now?  Do I need to turn on mouse-over popups or
>> something?
>
> It cannot be done now. Technically it could be done with a "tooltip"
> widget.
>
> I do find your idea interesting, and I'm trying to imagine if it could
> be useful to others too. In general it could be handy to show some tag
> data in a tooltip. However, I see a risk of this becoming too annoying
> and distracting if you just want to browse your collection.
>

> What do others on this list think about the idea?

I like the idea! I'm not sure if I would use it that much myself but it
would definitely be a nice addition to Amarok 2. Making it configurable
(disable and a tooltip-timeout perhaps) would solve the potential
distracting and annoyance and would also satisfy the ones who don't want to
use it at all. :)

--
Eelko Berkenpies
http://www.berkenpies.nl/