Feature request (or maybe I'm missing something)

Mark Kretschmann kretschmann at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 10:59:14 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 3:41 AM, Yan Seiner <yan at seiner.com> wrote:
> I am an instructor and I put together sound tracks for my classes.
>
> A lot of the time I need a track of a specific length to fit with a
> drill we're doing.  I use amarok to compose the playlist and it works
> great - except for one small detail.
>
> I'd like to be able to mouse over a song in the collection and get the
> tag data - length, genre, whatever.
>
> Can this be done now?  Do I need to turn on mouse-over popups or something?

It cannot be done now. Technically it could be done with a "tooltip" widget.

I do find your idea interesting, and I'm trying to imagine if it could
be useful to others too. In general it could be handy to show some tag
data in a tooltip. However, I see a risk of this becoming too annoying
and distracting if you just want to browse your collection.

What do others on this list think about the idea?

--
Mark Kretschmann
Amarok Developer