New download service at heise.de: hosting of your files

software at heise.de software at heise.de
Thu Dec 3 16:13:18 UTC 2009

Dear software manufacturer,

the heise software directory <http://www.heise.de/software/> is among the most popular software portals of Germany. Currently we are expanding it further. We can now host your programs on our download servers. You save on traffic and can rely on a fast (1 GBit/s) and secure delivery of your software. This service is free of charge.

Currently the following of your programs are listed in the heise software directory:

Amarok
<http://www.heise.de/software/downloadamarok/24811>

Clicking at

Amarok
<http://www.heise.de/software/download/edit_24811?pswd=f1b1383c4feb2ce2573182fdf02d43b0&lang=e>

will let you update your entries and screenshots and upload additional files to our servers. All you need is a free account for heise online.

Alternatively you can simply grant us permission to offer the files for download. You won't need an account to do so:

Amarok
<http://www.heise.de/software/download/edit_24811?pswd=f1b1383c4feb2ce2573182fdf02d43b0&m=ngf&lang=e>

All files on the heise download servers are automatically checked for virus infections (done in co-operation with AV-Test GmbH) with about 40 virus scanners. Should these scans detect anything harmful we will inform you via email. In this case we will not offer the file for download until their status has been cleared. If the scans complete successfully your program files will be available for download within minutes at

Amarok
<http://www.heise.de/software/downloadamarok/24811>

Please use these URLs on your homepage to link to your files on our servers.

Please inform us if a new version of your software becomes available using the above links.

We would also like to encourage you to add new programs to the heise software directory. Please use the page at <http://www.heise.de/software/download/neu_1?lang=e> to do so.

If you are not interested in our hosting offer please let us know the reason why.

Greetings,
Stephan Ehrmann
Executive editor c't
Head heise Software-Verzeichnis