songs repeating twice

Greg Woods greg at gregandeva.net
Thu Dec 3 17:26:40 UTC 2009

I'm just wondering if anyone else has seen this, because it is very
annoying. I am having a problem with songs repeating twice when I am
using Random set to Album. One of two different things can happen,
seemingly randomly. One is, each song plays twice before moving on to
the next one. At the end of the album, it moves to the next album. The
second thing I see is that the entire album will repeat twice, that is,
it will play all the songs once, then play all the songs on that same
album again.

In all cases, after the second play, it moves on as it should. (It will
also move on if I manually skip to the next track which is what I
usually end up doing). Every once in a while, it plays an album normally
and moves on.

This is on Fedora 12 with the latest version (2.2.1-2). This does not
occur at home on a Fedora 11 system with 2.2.0-2. I have already tried
completely rebuilding the collection thinking that maybe the songs were
listed twice or something, but that hasn't helped.

--Greg