Junior Job - external MySQL config

John Atkinson john at fauxnetic.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 17:49:06 UTC 2009

Hey Lydia, Jeff, others,

I assume from the lack of emails that this still needs added.

Attached should be a patch to add a database configuration dialog with
similar functionality to the one in 1.4. As Jeff suggested, it also includes
some help for setting user access permissions in MySQL. An icon is still
required ("preferences-database-amarok"), but the rest should be all there.

Screenshots attached for the curious who don't want to have to apply the
patch just to take a look. The current git HEAD contains a new equaliser has
made the config screen much wider than before. I'm not sure if this is
permanent so I've provided captures of both.

I should have time for fixes and polish before string freeze time if you
have comments.

Thanks,
John