Junior Job - external MySQL config

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Tue Aug 25 17:21:59 UTC 2009

John Atkinson wrote:
> Hey All,
>
> I'd also be happy to do this if Kolja cannot. I am unlikely to have any
> free time before Friday anyway.
>
> Would I be correct in assuming that we're only concerned with the GUI
> here and that all that needs to be done is load/save the values via an
> existing class? (which already handles storing the configuration data)

Yes. The values are stored in the amarokrc file (there are easy ways to
get and set it).

The hard part will be coming up with a design that keeps it easy/doesn't
overwhelm people using the default embedded collection but doesn't make
it so complicated to access that people wanting the server setup can't
find it. Bonus points if it also displays enough text on there for them
to get it set up without having to go to our website (just needs room
for a short message explaining that they first have to run a "GRANT ALL
ON ........ " command on MySQL).

--Jeff