Junior Job - external MySQL config

Leo Franchi lfranchi at kde.org
Sat Aug 29 18:08:35 UTC 2009

On Saturday 29 August 2009 13:49:06 John Atkinson wrote:
> Hey Lydia, Jeff, others,
>
> I assume from the lack of emails that this still needs added.
>
> Attached should be a patch to add a database configuration dialog with
> similar functionality to the one in 1.4. As Jeff suggested, it also
> includes some help for setting user access permissions in MySQL. An icon is
> still required ("preferences-database-amarok"), but the rest should be all
> there.
>
> Screenshots attached for the curious who don't want to have to apply the
> patch just to take a look. The current git HEAD contains a new equaliser
> has made the config screen much wider than before. I'm not sure if this is
> permanent so I've provided captures of both.

Took a quick look at the screenshots--looks really good. Regarding the width
of the config dialog, we're going to be making it smaller (mark just made a
commit to that effect).

If no one else has taken a look by tonight i'll check it out and apply it if
it's OK. Please take a look at our HACKING/intro_and_style.txt for the style
that we use (for example, spaces between ( foo ), I noticed some lines are
missing them).

cheers,
leo