Cover art not found

AG computing.account at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 25 16:18:11 UTC 2009

Myriam Schweingruber wrote:
> Hi AG,
>
> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 21:23, AG<computing.account at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Using Amarok 1.4.10 (off of KDE3.5.10) on an up-to-date Debian
>> testing/Squeeze box I am finding the following:
>>
>> Amarok has stopped updating its album cover art.  When manually directed
>> to do so, it returns no results, even when the albums are easily found
>> when using a web browser.  It loads saved (custom) album art just fine
>> though.
>>

> This is due to Amazon having changed their API. Amarok trunk switched
> to last.fm since a few days, and a user has already provided a patch
> that has to be applied to the code, you can find it here:
>
> http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=76607
>
> If you are not familiar on how to apply a patch to the code, you
> should nag the packagers of your distribution to provide a patched
> package.
>

>> Can someone please direct me to where I should be looking to sort this
>> out.  The manual doesn't assume anything like this can happen and hence
>> doesn't address it and Google doesn't shine any light either.
>>

> I don't know how you use Google, but a search with 'Amarok cover'
> brings non less than 4 items as first search results that explain the
> problem...
>

> Regards, Myriam

Hi Myriam

Thanks for the quick and helpful reply.

I think that I over complicated my search by adding too many terms.
When i attempt a more straightforward search, you are quite right it
returns several useful leads.  That'll teach me!

I've downloaded the diff file, but feel a little overwhelmed at applying
it, so will - as you suggest - "nag" the upstream maintainer.

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

Best

AG