Cover art not found

Myriam Schweingruber myriam.schweingruber at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 19:47:07 UTC 2009

Hi AG,

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 21:23, AG<computing.account at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello
>
> Using Amarok 1.4.10 (off of KDE3.5.10) on an up-to-date Debian
> testing/Squeeze box I am finding the following:
>
> Amarok has stopped updating its album cover art.  When manually directed
> to do so, it returns no results, even when the albums are easily found
> when using a web browser.  It loads saved (custom) album art just fine
> though.

This is due to Amazon having changed their API. Amarok trunk switched
to last.fm since a few days, and a user has already provided a patch
that has to be applied to the code, you can find it here:

http://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=117&t=76607

If you are not familiar on how to apply a patch to the code, you
should nag the packagers of your distribution to provide a patched
package.

> Can someone please direct me to where I should be looking to sort this
> out.  The manual doesn't assume anything like this can happen and hence
> doesn't address it and Google doesn't shine any light either.

I don't know how you use Google, but a search with 'Amarok cover'
brings non less than 4 items as first search results that explain the
problem...

Regards, Myriam
http://www.fsfe.org