Phonon oddities

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Apr 22 12:15:05 UTC 2009

On 22.04.09 13:45:47, Martin T. Sandsmark wrote:
> On Wednesday 22. April 2009 13:11:24 Colin Guthrie wrote:
> > I was really just lamenting that the "solution" to the gstreamers
> > engines suckiness when Qt landed it many moons ago was to replace it
> > with a xine engine rather than to make it work properly.
>
> I was under the impression that the Xine engine was the first (publically
> available) Phonon backend.

Exactly, xine was the only phonon engine available when KDE 4.0 (and hence
the first version of phonon) was released (IIRC), only with Qt4.4 and the
addition of phonon was a gstreamer engine available, added by Trolltech
back then.

Andreas

--
Green light in A.M. for new projects.  Red light in P.M. for traffic tickets.