Amarok 2 and iPhone/iPod Touch

Jeff Mitchell mitchell at kde.org
Wed Apr 15 18:01:24 UTC 2009

Nicolas Will wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-04-15 at 17:42 +0100, Nicolas Will wrote:
>> gtkpod does nothing to mount the iPod Touch, it uses mount points,
>> either over ssh (iPhone/iPod Touch) or from the USB mass storage
>> (regular iPods), AFAIK, but I'm no expert either.

When gtkpod adds files via the mount point, do they show up in the iPod
player on the device?  i.e. is it still accessing the ipoddb and all?

> The second one is through Gnome VFS, and I believe that this will not
> fly within a KDE context...

Well, Solid can enumerate mount points, although I think it relies on
HAL for this.  I think.  You could try running solid-hardware with
"solid-hardware list details" and "solid-hardware list nonportableinfo"
and see if the mount shows up in either one of those.

There may also be a KDE class for mountpoints...there used to be but not
sure if that simply got folded into Solid.

--Jeff