Embedded MySQL

abhishek rane abhishekrane at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 09:11:34 UTC 2008

On Fri, Sep 26, 2008 at 1:27 PM, E. Berkenpies <fedora at berkenpies.nl> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> If I remember correctly I've read something about needing details if
> Embedded MySQL could not be found (which results in CMake not wanting to
> build Amarok)? Anyways, I have the following files:
>
> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a
> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so
>
> And building Amarok fails with the following message:
>
> CMake Error at /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/MacroLogFeature.cmake:93
> (MESSAGE):
>  Exiting: Missing Requirements
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>  CMakeLists.txt:115 (macro_display_feature_log)
>

> CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
> set to NOTFOUND.
> Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
> files:
> MYSQL_EMBEDDED_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)
>    linked by target "amarok_collection-sqlcollection" in directory
> /home/eelko/Software/amarok/src/collection/sqlcollection
>
> I'm running Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) / KDE 4.1.1 (from Fedora repo) with
> mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a, for redhat-linux-gnu (i386) using readline
> 5.0 (also from the Fedora repo). I am using the latest Amarok SVN version,
> last checkout at Fri Sep 26 09:35:19 CEST 2008.
>
> I hope this information can be of any use.
>
> Anyway, keep up the good work! :)
>
> Greetings,
>
> Eelko Berkenpies
> http://www.berkenpies.nl/

I seem to be getting a similar problem.
My system -
Fedora 9(sulphur)
2.6.26.3-29.fc9.i686
KDE 4.1.1

The following is a list of all the mysql related packages installed on my
system
[abhishek at localhost ~]$ rpm -qa | grep mysql
mysql-connector-java-debuginfo-3.1.12-5.fc9.i386
libdbi-dbd-mysql-0.8.3-1.fc9.i386
mysql-connector-java-3.1.12-5.fc9.i386
qt-mysql-4.4.1-2.fc9.i386
mod_auth_mysql-3.0.0-6.i386
mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.24r1071-1.fc9.i386
mysql-server-5.0.51a-1.fc9.i386
mysql-libs-5.0.51a-1.fc9.i386
mysql-devel-5.0.51a-1.fc9.i386
mysql-5.0.51a-1.fc9.i386
mysql-connector-odbc-debuginfo-3.51.24r1071-1.fc9.i386
php-mysql-5.2.6-2.fc9.i386
[abhishek at localhost ~]$

The following is the error i got while compiling using the command cmake
-DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=`kde4-config --prefix` -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=debugfull
.. && make && make install

-- Looking for sys/types.h -
found
-- Looking for
stdint.h
-- Looking for stdint.h -
found
-- Looking for
stddef.h
-- Looking for stddef.h -
found
-- Check size of
int
-- Check size of int - done
-- Check size of long
-- Check size of long - done
-- Performing Test COMPLEX_TAGLIB_FILENAME
-- Performing Test COMPLEX_TAGLIB_FILENAME - Failed
-- KDE CMake PKGCONFIG macro indicates that libgpod-1.0 is not installed on
your computer.
-- Install the package which contains libgpod-1.0.pc if you want to support
this feature.
-- Could not find OPTIONAL package Ipod
-- Found Plasma: /usr/lib/libplasma.so
-- The following REQUIRED packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Please install them before continuing this software installation.
+ mysqld: Embedded MySQL <http://www.mysql.com>
CMake Error at /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/MacroLogFeature.cmake:93
(MESSAGE):
  Exiting: Missing Requirements
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:115 (macro_display_feature_log)

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
setto NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
files:
MYSQL_EMBEDDED_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)
    linked by target "amarok_collection-sqlcollection" in directory
/home/abhishek/amarok/src/collection/sqlcollection

-- Configuring done
[abhishek at localhost build]$

I suppose msql is not a requirement for Amarok 2 .