Embedded MySQL

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Fri Sep 26 09:49:58 UTC 2008

E. Berkenpies wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If I remember correctly I've read something about needing details if
> Embedded MySQL could not be found (which results in CMake not wanting to
> build Amarok)? Anyways, I have the following files:
>
> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a
> /usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so

These are only the mysql *client* libraries, not the embedded server
library which is currently shipped as a static only library.

I'd guess it's in:
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqld.a

You may need to install a mysql-static-devel package or something
similar (or perhaps Fedora do not ship it).

The use of a static library is not ideal. I asked Ian about this the
other day and he pointed me at (well *he* mentioned, *I* had to go
looking for it... sheeesh :p) a post from the mysql-internals list
whereby Monty indicated that future versions of mysql will eventually
ship a shared library which will be nicer for all of us using it :)

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie