Embedded MySQL

E. Berkenpies fedora at berkenpies.nl
Fri Sep 26 07:57:21 UTC 2008

Hi all,

If I remember correctly I've read something about needing details if
Embedded MySQL could not be found (which results in CMake not wanting to
build Amarok)? Anyways, I have the following files:

/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.a
/usr/lib/mysql/libmysqlclient.so

And building Amarok fails with the following message:

CMake Error at /usr/share/kde4/apps/cmake/modules/MacroLogFeature.cmake:93
(MESSAGE):
  Exiting: Missing Requirements
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:115 (macro_display_feature_log)

CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
files:
MYSQL_EMBEDDED_LIBRARIES (ADVANCED)
    linked by target "amarok_collection-sqlcollection" in directory
/home/eelko/Software/amarok/src/collection/sqlcollection

I'm running Fedora release 9 (Sulphur) / KDE 4.1.1 (from Fedora repo) with
mysql Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.51a, for redhat-linux-gnu (i386) using readline
5.0 (also from the Fedora repo). I am using the latest Amarok SVN version,
last checkout at Fri Sep 26 09:35:19 CEST 2008.

I hope this information can be of any use.

Anyway, keep up the good work! :)

Greetings,

Eelko Berkenpies
http://www.berkenpies.nl/