Mac packages! Redux.

Big O illogical1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 08:24:47 UTC 2008

I got that too. Just redo the qt package installation. It completed
for me the second time around. After it's installed you also need to
run
sudo update-mime-database /opt/local/share/mime
in the Terminal. Then you get icons (but only if God says you've been
a good boy or girl).

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 8:51 PM, Christie Harris
<christie.harris at gmail.com> wrote:
>snip
>>
>> Just in the process of installing at the moment, but I've run into an
>> install problem with qt-mac.
>> I get "The installer could not install some files in '/'. Contact the
>> software manufacturer for assistance."
>> Is there an install log created somewhere by the installer so I can
>> see exactly which files didn't install?
>> I'm fairly sure I've cleared out any previous installations of qt-mac.
>>

> Apart from this, Amarok runs (yay! further than I've got before), although
> I'm getting a nice backtrace when it crashes.
>
> Now I'm not sure whether it's worth posting that to the bt list until I get
> an answer for the qt-mac issue, but at first glance it seems to be related
> to the ampache service.
> I also get a warning on launch about Access Control not being enabled - any
> tips?
>
> Looking very promising so far though! Good job, illogical :-)
>
> Cheers, Christie

And about ampache? No clue. I just test core functionality ATM.
Anything beyond that is up to "Testers like you!" to find out and
report to the Amarok Team. If a particular feature isn't enabled, let
me know and I'll try to get it working. Scripts apparently build but
don't run. Nepomuk stuff is no go (kde issue prolly). I don't have an
MP3Tunes account so I haven't even attempted to get that building.
Ever. Lost track of what's required to get that up and fully
functional a long time ago. Someone should poke me about that after
the proper installer gets made (coming soon!) After complete,
successful installation of all packages all bugs experienced should be
reported to bugs.kde.org.
Enjoy and thanks for testing. You mamarok :-D

--
All your gmail are belong to us.