AmarokPlaylistScript::addMedia-functions

Christoph Spielmann spielc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 20:50:06 UTC 2008

Hi everybody!

After a weekend of playing around with QtScript in Amarok, i have to say
that i really am able to use almost all the things i've been able to use
with dcop for amarok 1.4. One thing i remarked tho, is that both
functions mentioned in the subject (void addMedia( const KUrl &url ) and
void const KUrl::List &urls )) use KUrl instead of QUrl. I dunno if you
did that on purpose but i think it would be better to use QUrl in the
public interface of every function that can be called from QtScript
(except there is a way to expose the javascript-bindings of kdelibs to
the developers of qtscripts). I could hack together a small patch for
the mentioned functions (from looking at the code it doesn't seem to be
neither a very complicated nor a time consuming task) with my erm
limited ;) knowledge of c++.

Beside that i've been working on a class in QtScript that offers some
functionality to the script-developer you haven't included (e.g. i wrote
a function to get all the urls of all tracks of the artist with a given
name in the collection...) plus i ported a object-serialization-script
from javascript to qtscript. I thought i'd mention these things here in
case somebody has an idea what i could/should/must add to my library
just give me a shout and i'll see what i can do.

Christoph