Mac packages! Redux.

Christie Harris christie.harris at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 00:51:47 UTC 2008

On 04/09/2008, at 9:43 AM, Christie Harris wrote:

> On 03/09/2008, at 8:47 AM, Orville Bennett wrote:
>

>> Here I was getting all worked up on why no one's provided any
>> feedback
>> to my packages when I realized I only sent the e-mail to myself. This
>> is what happens why you try to do things @ 4 a.m. in the morning when
>> you _really_ want to sleeep. Here's what you should've seen:
>>

>> 10.5 intel leopard only (*this is actually only half true) packages
>> can be found @ : http://illogic-al.org/uploaded_pkgs.zip
>> Yes, you have to click on and install all of those (for now).
>> The order doesn't matter but you need every single one. I know. I'm
>> evil.
>> Stop complaining, they actually work. Apps will be in /Applications/
>> KDE4
>>
>> Caveats:
>> 1. You will need to log out/login or reboot before things work
>> properly.
>> 2. This will destroy any existing macports installations
>> 3. No icons first run? Quit app and start again.
>>
>> Last minute issues you lucky bastards won't see because I am the
>> awesome
>> 4. Crashes due to libphonon.dylib relocation issues.
>> 5. amarokcollectionscanner hates you.
>> 6. The url linked to above might not be live yet (1 hr 2o mins to go)
>> but that's where the packages will be.
>> 7. Conflict between qt's phonon and kde's phonon when installing
>> phonon.pc.
>>
>> * Many of the prerequisites are universal packages. All of the kde
>> packages are intel only however.
>
> Just in the process of installing at the moment, but I've run into an
> install problem with qt-mac.
> I get "The installer could not install some files in '/'. Contact the
> software manufacturer for assistance."
> Is there an install log created somewhere by the installer so I can
> see exactly which files didn't install?
> I'm fairly sure I've cleared out any previous installations of qt-mac.

Apart from this, Amarok runs (yay! further than I've got before),
although I'm getting a nice backtrace when it crashes.

Now I'm not sure whether it's worth posting that to the bt list until
I get an answer for the qt-mac issue, but at first glance it seems to
be related to the ampache service.
I also get a warning on launch about Access Control not being enabled
- any tips?

Looking very promising so far though! Good job, illogical :-)

Cheers, Christie