Mac packages! Redux.

Christie Harris christie.harris at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 00:13:44 UTC 2008

On 03/09/2008, at 8:47 AM, Orville Bennett wrote:

> Here I was getting all worked up on why no one's provided any feedback
> to my packages when I realized I only sent the e-mail to myself. This
> is what happens why you try to do things @ 4 a.m. in the morning when
> you _really_ want to sleeep. Here's what you should've seen:
>

> 10.5 intel leopard only (*this is actually only half true) packages
> can be found @ : http://illogic-al.org/uploaded_pkgs.zip
> Yes, you have to click on and install all of those (for now).
> The order doesn't matter but you need every single one. I know. I'm
> evil.
> Stop complaining, they actually work. Apps will be in /Applications/
> KDE4
>
> Caveats:
> 1. You will need to log out/login or reboot before things work
> properly.
> 2. This will destroy any existing macports installations
> 3. No icons first run? Quit app and start again.
>
> Last minute issues you lucky bastards won't see because I am the
> awesome
> 4. Crashes due to libphonon.dylib relocation issues.
> 5. amarokcollectionscanner hates you.
> 6. The url linked to above might not be live yet (1 hr 2o mins to go)
> but that's where the packages will be.
> 7. Conflict between qt's phonon and kde's phonon when installing
> phonon.pc.
>
> * Many of the prerequisites are universal packages. All of the kde
> packages are intel only however.

Just in the process of installing at the moment, but I've run into an
install problem with qt-mac.
I get "The installer could not install some files in '/'. Contact the
software manufacturer for assistance."
Is there an install log created somewhere by the installer so I can
see exactly which files didn't install?
I'm fairly sure I've cleared out any previous installations of qt-mac.

Cheers, Christie