[Feedback] ampache and random play

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Sat Oct 25 20:26:50 UTC 2008

> And caching into an own mysql database/table isn't an option?

It could be done, but I would really prefer not to have to go that
route as it is a lot more work ( and code to maintain ) than simply
using the relatively simple query API. We do actually cache all the
content info form some services to the local db, but I personally
thing that, even though the API is a work in progress and is not
perfect yet, the ampache approach is much more elegant.

Again though, using Ampache ( and other services ) in dynamic
playlists is something we really want to do as well, its just not a
high t priority at this particular time as we really need to finish up
Amarok 2.0.0

- Nikolaj