amarok 1.4.10 (KDE 3.5.9) hangs first time after reboot

dark_mail at gmx.net dark_mail at gmx.net
Fri Nov 14 09:38:39 UTC 2008

I have a somewhat strange issue here with amarok:
After a reboot, amarok hangs when trying to play a song from the
playlist and has to be killed.
After a second start of amarok, all works fine, until the next
shutdown/reboot, when it all begins anew.

I ran amarok in gdb (see attachment), and it seems like there is a
problem with xine, but I'm no expert on this topic, so maybe you can
help me.

The particular line where amarok seems to stand still is:

marok: BEGIN: virtual bool XineEngine::load(const KURL&, bool)
amarok:     [xine-engine] Before xine_open() *****

I also did a backtrace, but that one didn't reveal anything really
useful, but I attached it anyway.

Thanks