last.fm tracks inserted into playlist

Peter Saffrey pzs at dcs.gla.ac.uk
Mon Nov 17 15:54:11 UTC 2008

Leo Franchi wrote:
> On 13 Nov 2008, at 17:58, Casey Link wrote:
>> Technically it is possible to play one last.fm track.. since we get
>> them in batches of 5, we would just stop after 1. The  problem is you
>> can't select a particular track.. you have no control over the track's
>> last.fm gives you.

I don't want to control what Last.fm gives me - I just want a random
recommendation.

I've attached a screenshot from Banshee playing last.fm. I've selected
"Last.fm recommended". It lists the 5 tracks it's about to play, none of
which are in my collection. I just want to mix this behaviour in with
the Random Mix feature of Amarok to give me a random Last.fm recommended
song I've probably never heard before every N songs.

Peter