[Feedback] How2 get live recordings available on website

Nikolaj Hald Nielsen nhnfreespirit at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 08:09:28 UTC 2008

Hi Christian

I think you idea sounds really cool, I personally love live recordings
of all kinds.

Amarok 2, which is the upcoming version of our software has a very
strong focus on making content such as yours available to as many
people as possible. It does this by making it easy to integrate
content from sources on the Internet directly into the application. So
once you have this stuff online, making it available through Amarok is
relatively simple.

What Amarok will not help you do however, is actually making the
content available on your own website. For this you will have to use a
tool specifically designed for online browsing / playback of media.
There are several projects in this area that might be of interest to
you. One is the Ampache project ( http://ampache.org/ ), another
option could be cchost ( http://wiki.creativecommons.org/CcHost ).
There are most likely many other such projects that I do not know
about.

Once this is up and running however we would love to help you make
this content available through Amarok. As Amarok 2 runs on Windows,
Linux and Mac, it opens the door to a potentially huge userbase. To
give you an idea of how this works in Amarok, have a look at my blog
post from the other day about integration of the freely available
content from BBC (
http://amarok.kde.org/blog/archives/826-There-is-a-BBC-in-my-Amarok.html
)

I hope this answers your questions. If not, feel free to write back
with more! :-)

- Nikolaj