moodbar renderer librarization?

Rich rich at hq.vsaa.lv
Tue May 6 08:33:22 UTC 2008

On 2008.05.01. 10:08, Mark Kretschmann wrote:
> On 5/1/08, Bryan Donlan <bdonlan at fushizen.net> wrote:
>>  I maintain the moodbar package in Debian. There's a (rather old, I
>>  really should've gotten to this sooner) wishlist bug asking for a
>>  converter from mood files to image files; but rather than simply hacking
>>  together a fork of the relevant code of amarok, I was wondering what the
>>  amarok devs would think of spinning off the moodbar rendering code into
>>  a library?
>>
>>  This would allow other media players to implement mood support as well,
>>  and make the image converter easier to keep in sync with amarok (ie,
>>  having the same themes, etc).
>>
>>  Any thoughts?
>
> The thing is that Moodbar is an Amarok 1.x feature, and we're
> completely focused on 2.0 now. So far no work has been done towards
> porting Moodbar, and it's not even clear at this point if it will ever
> be ported.

i'd really love to see it ported & maintained, it is a small, but
wonderful feature.

but i wanted to ask about moodbar for amarok 1 - will there be a new
release of it in near future ?
moodbar spits out warning messages with latest gstreamer versions, and
you claimed on forums that this is already fixed in svn (as far as i
understand, one line fix), so having something for users that does the
correct interaction with gstreamer would be nice :)

--
  Rich