moodbar renderer librarization?

Bryan Donlan bdonlan at fushizen.net
Thu May 1 05:57:19 UTC 2008

Hi,

I maintain the moodbar package in Debian. There's a (rather old, I
really should've gotten to this sooner) wishlist bug asking for a
converter from mood files to image files; but rather than simply hacking
together a fork of the relevant code of amarok, I was wondering what the
amarok devs would think of spinning off the moodbar rendering code into
a library?

This would allow other media players to implement mood support as well,
and make the image converter easier to keep in sync with amarok (ie,
having the same themes, etc).

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Bryan