AFT and file links

Jeff Mitchell kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com
Thu May 1 01:48:14 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008, Cody Christensen wrote:
> >Maybe with some input from others we could run with an idea similar to
> > this.

> >think for people with no duplicates it would be unobtrusive because they
> >would need to activate it and run the duplicate finder for it to even be
> >present so if they didn't like it they could keep it disabled.
> >
> >Ps. You don't need to CC me.
>
> Nobody liked this idea? (or did it somehow not make it to the list?)

I read it, but as I've been extremely busy I was leaving it to "some input
from others" as described above :-)

I think the idea has some merit.  Probably it could/should be implemented as a
script (bonus: many scripting languages make fuzzy searches like that easier
because of easier string manipulation).

I'd encourage other developers to read through the idea and chime in with
thoughts (so that you don't spend time fleshing it out if there's no chance
it will go anywhere).

--Jeff