Amarok Layout, now with real Mockup

Henry de Valence hdevalence at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 03:04:46 UTC 2008

On Monday 10 March 2008 21:07:21 Nathaniel Grocott wrote:
> I have been using Amarok for a few years, and I have not had any major
> complaints about the layout. The layout of Amarok 1.4 has been more
> efficient than that of any music player. Will the old layout still be
> available for those that will not be ready to move on.

I think the new one is better in some ways but lacking in others. In the
1.4 layout, the contextview was a pane on top of the collection, playlists,
etc, whereas now it is a plasma containment. This has a bunch of
advantages, but a disadvantage I've found is that there's not as much
vertical space for
lyrics, wiki, etc. I'm not sure how one would fix this though.
Henry de Valence

PS: What is the protocol for an emergency ejection of the plasma core
if we have a containment failure from suffering battle damage in warp
speed?