coverflow for amarok 2

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Sun Mar 9 20:36:11 UTC 2008

Sunday 09 March 2008 Daniel Winter wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 9. März 2008 21:01:39 schrieb Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen:
> >   While we are aware of CoverFlow, we are also aware of the inherent
> > uselessness of the concept... We do, however, recognise the potential
> > usefulness of eyecandy, and so we set out to figure out a way of making
> > CoverFlow itself useful. What we came up with was the CD Stack idea.
> > Please check out the KDE Summer of Code page[2] for more information on
> > this :)
> >
> > [2] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Summer_of_Code/2008/Ideas#Amarok
>
> Hello,
>
> as others already said, both cover view concepts are somehow useless.
>
> Cover flow has the advantage that you can really see the covers. I don't
> can image that with that cd stack idea. Although i see the point that the
> cd stack better fits in amaroks vertical collection view.

  If it seems like that, then my presentation of the idea is not clear enough.
You basically need to imaging CD Stack as a CoverFlow put on its side.

> Well i really like the idee to use the cover images to navigate in my
> collection. It brings eyecandy and well i know my cds from the real world
> with covers bring move that feeling over to the virtual collection in
> amarok would be cool. But well i can not see a way to make it really
> usefull.
>
> Looking on the back of the cds like with the cd stack idea you don't see
> much of the covers. So you are not able to distinct the albums from each
> others.

  In a stack of CDs, you have *both* the covers and the CD side label (as the
CDs aren't really a stack - as such the idea should probably be called CD
Tower in stead, but... anyway)