coverflow for amarok 2

Daniel Winter dw at danielwinter.de
Sun Mar 9 20:31:04 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, 9. März 2008 21:01:39 schrieb Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen:

>   While we are aware of CoverFlow, we are also aware of the inherent
> uselessness of the concept... We do, however, recognise the potential
> usefulness of eyecandy, and so we set out to figure out a way of making
> CoverFlow itself useful. What we came up with was the CD Stack idea. Please
> check out the KDE Summer of Code page[2] for more information on this :)
>
> [2] http://techbase.kde.org/Projects/Summer_of_Code/2008/Ideas#Amarok

Hello,

as others already said, both cover view concepts are somehow useless.

Cover flow has the advantage that you can really see the covers. I don't can
image that with that cd stack idea. Although i see the point that the cd
stack better fits in amaroks vertical collection view.

Well i really like the idee to use the cover images to navigate in my
collection. It brings eyecandy and well i know my cds from the real world
with covers bring move that feeling over to the virtual collection in amarok
would be cool. But well i can not see a way to make it really usefull.

Looking on the back of the cds like with the cd stack idea you don't see much
of the covers. So you are not able to distinct the albums from each others.

Maybe there is a way for a vertical cower flow. For example as you look from
above on cds standing in a drawer. And well you then browse through it. But
to make that look nice you need the backcovers of the cds. But well most
people will not have backcover images of their cds. And amazon doesn't
provide them either.

DanielW