transKode

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Tue Mar 4 21:06:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 1:59 AM, Sergio Pistone
<sergio_pistone at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
> Now, there's still the third option... both Mark and Ian have expressed
>  their doubts about whether the transcoding aspect should be handled by
>  a script at all. Given that, don't you guys think it's reasonable to have
>  some sort of discussion on that topic? Unlike with the 2nd choice I listed,
>  I might actually be willing to cooperate with that.
>
> Sergio.

I entirely agree with including transKode functionality into Amarok. I
thought I already said that, in fact. :) We could have it as a C++
plugin, so that distros could package it separately (since it'd
involve lots of dependencies). But plugin or not, we should distribute
it with Amarok.

We are coming in for a landing for Amarok 2.0, so I'm not sure about
the timing of when to add such functionality. Actually how to
implement media devices is still somewhat of a question mark.

Ian