[Feedback] Amarok Is the Best Out there! Are there plans for a native windows port?

Beso givemesugarr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 07:29:07 UTC 2008

2008/6/16 Seb Ruiz <ruiz at kde.org>:

> 2008/6/17  <vminch at gmail.com>:
> > vsk sent a message using the contact form at
> > http://amarok.kde.org/en/contact.
> >
> > Amarok is the one app makes me hate using Gnome! Ever since I started
> using
> > it under Arch Linux, I was consistently blown away by how awesome Amarok
> > really is!
> >
> > Nothing on any other platform touches Amarok!!
> >
> > I know that Amarok2 can be run on windows with some hacking, but are
> there
> > any plans for a native port to other platforms? Using Winamp and iTunes
> > after finally finding Amarok makes me all sick on the inside...
> >
> > Well, congratulations on a job so well done - even if there isn't going
> > be a port I know that Amarok2 is going to be amazing..
>
> Amarok 2 is native to windows.

maybe you need to add that whatever application is developed natively for
qt4 and uses qt4 for all the system calls is native to windows with qt4
installed on windows. the entire kde4 will run on windows natively with qt4
installed.
this boost in the cross-system that the new qt4 have brought (the same is to
be said also for osx and solaris) is the reason why firefox 4 will go with
qt4 and webkit.

--
dott. ing. beso