[Feedback] Amarok Is the Best Out there! Are there plans for a native windows port?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 17 09:09:51 UTC 2008

Beso wrote:
> this boost in the cross-system that the new qt4 have brought (the same
> is to be said also for osx and solaris) is the reason why firefox 4 will
> go with qt4 and webkit.

WTF???

This is a new one for me! Is this even vaguely based in reality?
Although I've been very impressed with webkit, I'd be surprised if
Mozilla dropped Gecko just like that! It probably wouldn't hurt the
firefox community any tho' if this were to happen (99% of users not
noticing or caring) - it would be more the corporate arrangements for
using Gecko in various places (embedded particularly) that this could
affect...

Anyway, is this serious? Or is this just your prediction? Google didn't
bring up anything other than FUD, smoke and mirrors.

I wasn't going to post to ask this, but figured I'd run the risk for
being awarded the "gullibility badge" for today :)

Col