tarball testers team

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Thu Jul 3 17:00:33 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jul 3, 2008 at 11:23 AM, enaut <enaut.w at googlemail.com> wrote:
> hey,
>
> I'm interested in testing the new Amarok, but how long is the timeframe
> for testing? I am a computer science student so I sometimes have enough
> time to test immediatly and report stuff but other times I will need at
> least two days to find time for testing.
>
> The other thing is, what do you expect testers to do? - just use it for
> a while and whenever having a crash or misfunctionality searching and
> reporting why. or do you expect some specific search for bugs like
> trying most functions of Amarok in order to find the bugs.
> Or just report compilation problems?
>
> however I think I'm in
>
> enaut

Lydia is looking for tarball testers, so just make sure that she made
the tarballs correctly: eg can you build and run it, does it install
the translations and such. Sometimes odd issues pop up with tarballs.
This is her first time as Release Gal, she wants to get it right. ;)

We are of course always happy to have more people testing Amarok from
SVN, that sounds more like what your talking about.

Ian