Sync Amarok

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Thu Jul 3 02:51:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 2, 2008 at 10:13 AM, Jeff Mitchell
<kde-dev at emailgoeshere.com> wrote:
> So does your lack of understanding.  For the record, Amarok by default
> also writes ID3v1 tags, so players that cannot read the ID3v2.4 tag
> should still be able to read the ID3v1 tag.

What does that have to do with anything? id3v1 doesn't help me at all,
because the extended tag data I'm trying to sync with amarok is
comment (does not exist in id3v1) or genre (which gets clobbered with
a small subset of possible values).

So anyway, now I have to run eyeD3 on my entire MP3 collection before
using any libid3tag based program (of which there are probably many
others out there).