suggestion

N.C. Wilson ncw33 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Jan 5 02:00:47 UTC 2008

I tried to get this to work, but I could not easily. It is easy to use
masks to get the splash screen a different shape, but it is still
hard-edged, with a white background. There does not seem to be a way to
apply a full 8-bit mask to the widget, just a 1-bit bitmap. This would
presumably need compositing of some sort, which is in Qt, but I could not
quickly find a way to set transparency other that for the whole widget.

Nicholas